Trying to do a new install

Use this forum to express your thoughts and opinions in general.
AnnieCee

Trying to do a new install

Post by AnnieCee »

I'm upgrading from a very old version... 1.3 or something like that. So I'm doing a clean install but the setup won't get started. Browser told me I should delete cookies so I did. Closed the browser & opened it again. Tried accessing the setup file directly using a link to the setup.php file but that doesn't work either:

This page isn’t working hh redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

So I'm really stuck here.

Here's the link I've been using to try to kickstart the setup:
/npgCore/setup.php

PHP is 7.4 and I have MySQLi 5.7.36.
AnnieCee

Re: Trying to do a new install

Post by AnnieCee »

I downloaded an older version of NetPhotoGraphics (setup-master-2.00.04.00.zip) and that's working fine so I'll stick with that for the time being.
netphotographics

Post by netphotographics »

I am not sure what would cause the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error. Is there any debug log from the attempt?

I did discover that the current release does have a problem with a clean install if the database user credentials are not setup or are incorrect. But I don't get the redirects loop, just a failure.

Anyway, glad you have a working site now. 2.00.04.00 is almost two years old, I am afraid I could not even attempt to say what has changed since then. Is there any reason you picked that release?
AnnieCee

Post by AnnieCee »

I was having so much trouble with the install that I wanted to go waaay back to a tried and true version. I've been using 1.5.3.3 for years and no problems with it so I thought I'd start with an early version of 2.0. The only reason I'm upgrading is because support for PHP 7.3 is ending and my version 1.5.3.3 doesn't work on PHP 7.4